Hello! Tried blogging about my second Bangkok trip in May but as usual, it was saved in my drafts folder like my blog post on my first bkk trip. Since I am so free now, I shall start from the beginning again! :)
So this May, JH and I went bkk again after our exams for six days! Initially I thought six days was pretty long but nope, it's just so awesome to chill there and at least our air tickets from the 1 for 1 Jetstar deal were super cheap. Overall, the trip was so enjoyable even though we really just slacked around, shopping and eating. I must say the both of us were really really really lucky! This entire trip was soooooooo smooth and safe, and we met soooooooooooo many nice people in bkk! Really! All the cab drivers were sooooo nice, unlike those who tried to cheat our money on our previous trip. They really made our day! All the shop owners were so sweet too (although prices of clothes really went up as compared to last year), and the hotel we stayed in was still as superb as ever. So so grateful. :):) I really really wanna stay in Bangkok forever.. I love you Bangkok!! :'( Hehe okay, pictures now!
(Btw, I realised my vocab is very limited. Sorry if you find my descriptions boring and repetitive hahaha. And sorry for the low quality photos. I took them using my Samsung Galaxy W cos I was lazy to bring out my camera.)
Off to Bangkok and HELLO BANGKOK! <3
We had our lunch at Platinum Mall food court a couple of times. It uses the ezlink card system where you pay for the food using the card itself. Very convenient and everything is cheap and yummy there! Super yummy seafood pad thai which costs only 70baht I think. I think their seafood is like free one lor, they always give so much!
Oyster omelette from the same store too which was not that nice.
Mango sticky rice that will never go wrong!
Cold spring rolls, nothing spectacular..
Super duper yummy seafood pan omelette! Lots of seafood inside each small ball. ^^
Cheap crepe from the foodcourt! We tried the banana chocolate one, but I still miss the strawberry cheese one I tried in Batam. :(
And this super cheap ice cream is a must try too. Yumyum :)
We also went to a nice Japanese cafe, Vanilla Cafe, all thanks to my dear friend, Cheryl's recommendation. It was quite ulu and may cab drivers didn't wanna bring us there but eventually one did. ;) I love it there! So quiet and cosy, plus the weather was super sunny and bright! My ideal perfect day hehe. Anyway the outside was very pretty, it's like a little garden with sweet vanilla scent. The interior is cosy with cute decorations like mangas, tin robots, rubber ducks etc, kinda vintagey and soothing indie music. Food was good too!




My green tea latte :)
Jianhui's mint chocolate/coffee, can't really remember.
My garlic clam spaghetti which is very delicious! The portion was just right and they really spam lots of clams! No joke man I really think seafood is cheap there. I think we will only get like 10 small clams here but my plate had about 50 or 60 clams I swear. Hahaha.

Jianhui's boring katsudon haha. He always eats the same thing nowadays.
And we ordered desserts! Didn't opt for the cake buffet but I think it's pretty cheap and the cakes look good to me. Anyway we ordered some chocolate banana crepe cake and raspberry cheesecake. Love the cute toothpick!
There's a cool bookstore, Sauce, beside it too. Found a very cool Japanese design book which features many cool packaging designs and wanted to buy it but it was so expensive. :( But overall, it was such a happy day there! :) Note to self: Check out the local outlet before school reopens!
Of course we went to JJ market too! IT WAS EXTREMELY HOT I could totally faint there. :( Was sunburnt too and the shoulders still have the colour difference. :(
Bought yummy food too! This is potato I think, with BBQ seasoning powder.
I don't know what this is but I love it! It's very squishy and spicy. I think it's squid eggs or something haha.
AND THIS IS DA BOOMZZZ. Coconut ice cream from this stall! Very good service please! They gave us free coconut juice while we were queuing for the ice cream and you can choose two sides (omg can't think of the word of it now) for it. We choose sticky rice of different colours and peanuts hehe. Perfect for the hot weather!
And this milk tea was from a classy stall and the packaging was pretty but it wasn't that nice. :(
And we went to our favourite FUJI too! Hehe. It's a Japanese restaurant and there are outlets in MBK and Platinum Mall. Really worth the price I think.
Frosty watermelon juice for JH.
Cheap and nice Fuji green tea for me!
Katsudon meal for JH again...
And super delicious salmon meal for me. The salmon is really very nice with very crispy skin. Omg I am totally craving for this now!
Ordered sides, such as gyoza and very yummy sotong!
Went back another day as they didn't have our garlic mussels, which of course is really really yummy.
And I had salmon fried rice that day too. Cheap but delicious :9
Okay, lots of food photos I know but we really ate a lot there! Of course I shopped a lot too. Spent every single cent I brought there, but all my buys were rather good. Bought stuff for everyone too :) But I really think the stuff there are getting more pricey. One nice top would cost 500 baht, and if you buy two or more it will be 390 baht each, which is like $16? Used to be $12 last year and $5-10 a few years back. But nonetheless, it's still cheaper than in Singapore. :)
We watched Avengers there too! Around the same price as Singapore but the popcorn is so nice with four different choices! We chose BBQ and Cheese!
Ate Swenson's ice cream too. It's around SGD4 so JH kept wanting to try. Haha.
And Macs! My goal is to try Mcdonalds in every country that I visit!
Oh oh! I love Ice Monster! It's like shaved ice with milk which is perfect for the hot weather too. Come to Singapore please!!!
On our last day before we went to the airport, we tried this ice cream stall, Freshy Freeze, in Central World. Wah they didn't tell us that we can make the ice cream ourselves! :( Only knew it when I saw the photos on FB. :( And I koped an unglam picture of us from their FB page too. Hehe. But anyway, the ice cream was nice too. I tried the green tea one and Jh tried the chocolate one. Sigh, it's so good to be a Thai! So many places to chill and relatively cheap. And there are so many places selling cheap and pretty clothes also. Sigh. I love you Bangkok!
And some random stuff... my strawberry slippers and yummy strawberry tim tam. We ate three packets of seaweed every night too! Taokaenoi, Oishi (which I don't think is in Singapore yet) and one more which I can't remember. We are pigs!!!
Omg and we ate dinner at a Jap restaurant in the airport, Rin I think. There are three outlets there but unfortunately, we picked the wrong one which didn't switch on their lights! Everything was so dark inside and service was so bad. :( But anyway, pork lovers would love their ramen and soup according to JH.
Okay that's all! Hahaha lots of food I know! I had lots of fun and am so so thankful for such a smooth trip and the cheap tix and jh for going with me. :) He bought this dancing robot cos he thinks it looks like me. Haha. Okay bye!! :)
























































No comments:
Post a Comment